Emma Willis Reportedly Set as New Strictly Come Dancing Host
Zero Signal Staff
Published May 11, 2026 at 4:26 PM ET · 9 days ago

The Sun / Metro
Emma Willis has reportedly been offered and agreed terms to become a new host of Strictly Come Dancing for the 2026 season, with Zoe Ball expected to serve alongside her as the second presenter, according to reports citing an unnamed television insid
Emma Willis has reportedly been offered and agreed terms to become a new host of Strictly Come Dancing for the 2026 season, with Zoe Ball expected to serve alongside her as the second presenter, according to reports citing an unnamed television insider.
The Details
According to a report published by The Sun on May 11, Willis, 50, has been offered the role and intends to accept it. An unnamed TV insider told the newspaper: "Emma has been offered the Strictly job and is going to accept. She absolutely nailed the chemistry tests and the BBC adore her." The same source added: "Strictly is one of the biggest shows on television and to be trusted with the new era is something Emma feels incredibly proud and humbled by."
The report indicates that Zoe Ball, 55, is expected to serve as the second presenter alongside Willis, replacing Claudia Winkleman. Veteran hosts Tess Daly, 57, and Winkleman, 54, announced their decision to step down from the BBC series in October 2025.
The BBC reportedly held chemistry tests with a shortlist of approximately ten presenters during the selection process. Names mentioned as having participated in the process include Alison Hammond, Rylan Clark, Angela Scanlon, Josh Widdecombe, Alex Jones, Bradley Walsh, and Rob Rinder. Holly Willoughby, Alan Carr, and Amanda Holden were reportedly approached but ruled themselves out of the running.
Willis has previously hosted Big Brother, The Voice UK on both BBC and ITV, and currently hosts Love Is Blind UK for Netflix.
A conflicting report emerged on May 10, when Metro published a story suggesting comedian Josh Widdecombe had emerged as a top choice following what was described as a sharp audition. Subsequent reports on May 11 indicate Willis and Ball were ultimately selected over Widdecombe.
Context
Strictly Come Dancing is the BBC's flagship primetime reality competition, running annually since 2004. The series typically airs in the autumn over 12 to 14 weeks.
The reported selection follows months of speculation about who would replace Daly and Winkleman. Willis was first linked to the role in February 2026, when The Sun reported she was among those in consideration. Ball was first reported as a contender in December 2025.
The story was picked up by multiple outlets including GB News, The Mirror, The Independent, and Wirral Globe, all citing The Sun's unnamed source.
What's Next
The BBC has not officially confirmed the reported host selection. A BBC spokesperson told Metro: "Plans for Strictly Come Dancing 2026 will be confirmed in due course." The exact premiere date for the 2026 season has not been announced.
Never Miss a Signal
Get the latest breaking news and daily briefings from Zero Signal News directly to your inbox.
