Kuwait Arrests 10 Foreign Workers After Shutting Down Three Illegal Slaughterhouses in Kabd
Zero Signal Staff
Published May 11, 2026 at 11:15 PM ET · 8 days ago

Arab Times / Gulf News / Khaleej Times
Kuwaiti authorities have shut down three unlicensed slaughterhouses operating out of livestock pens in the Kabd area and arrested ten foreign workers in the process, according to statements from the Ministry of Interior carried by multiple regional n
Kuwaiti authorities have shut down three unlicensed slaughterhouses operating out of livestock pens in the Kabd area and arrested ten foreign workers in the process, according to statements from the Ministry of Interior carried by multiple regional news outlets. The enforcement action targeted facilities that were allegedly running without permits or regulatory oversight and in violation of public health and agricultural regulations, officials said.
The Details
The raids were carried out in Kabd, an area situated within Kuwait's Jahra Governorate, by investigators from the Criminal Investigation Department after obtaining legal authorization, according to Gulf News. The targeted facilities were operating out of livestock pens that had been converted into unlicensed slaughterhouses, Kuwaiti officials said in statements carried by Arab Times and Khaleej Times. The operation resulted in the detention of ten individuals identified as Bangladeshi and Indian nationals, Gulf News and Arab Times reported.
The Ministry of Interior stated that the three sites were functioning without permits or any form of regulatory oversight. In addition to violating public health standards, the operations breached agricultural regulations, including rules linked to the Public Authority for Agricultural Affairs and Fish Resources, according to a statement carried by Khaleej Times. The ministry emphasized that the facilities had no authorization to operate as slaughterhouses and were therefore in violation of both health and agricultural laws, Khaleej Times reported.
Ten individuals of Bangladeshi and Indian nationalities were arrested during the enforcement action, multiple outlets reported. Authorities did not publicly identify the detainees or specify the exact charges they face beyond noting that legal procedures are now underway, according to Arab Times. The absence of named suspects or detailed charge sheets means the specific allegations and potential penalties remain unconfirmed by independent sources.
The raid was described as a coordinated enforcement effort rather than an isolated incident. The involvement of the Criminal Investigation Department and the requirement of legal authorization before the operation suggest the action followed a period of investigation, though the Ministry of Interior has not disclosed how long the facilities were under observation before the raids took place, Gulf News noted.
Arab Times, Gulf News, and Khaleej Times each corroborated the core elements of the ministry's account, though the reports varied slightly in emphasis. Arab Times highlighted the nationalities of the detainees and the ongoing legal procedures. Gulf News provided detail about the Criminal Investigation Department's role and the legal authorization for the raids. Khaleej Times emphasized the agricultural and public health violations cited by the ministry.
Context
Kabd, which is also rendered as Kabad in some English-language media, sits within Kuwait's Jahra Governorate and has been the focus of broader labor and compliance enforcement efforts in recent months. A separate enforcement campaign in the same area previously led to dozens of arrests, according to regional labor community publications. That prior operation, reported by Indians in Kuwait, indicates that Kabd has been singled out for repeated inspection drives targeting unauthorized commercial activity and immigration violations.
The Ministry of Interior's statement, carried by Khaleej Times, specifically cited the Public Authority for Agricultural Affairs and Fish Resources as the regulatory body whose rules were violated. No independent statement from that authority was located in available reports, meaning the public account of the agricultural violations rests solely with the ministry's description at this stage.
The closure of three separate sites in a single operation suggests the enforcement action was coordinated rather than limited to one isolated facility. The Ministry of Interior has not disclosed how long the three pens were under observation before the raids were authorized, nor how the sites were identified as targets.
The repeated targeting of Kabd for enforcement actions indicates that authorities view the area as a hub for unauthorized commercial activity. The prior campaign referenced by labor community sources and the latest slaughterhouse raid both occurred in the same geographic zone, though the ministry has not stated whether the two operations were formally linked or part of a single enforcement strategy.
What's Next
The Ministry of Interior said legal procedures against the detained individuals are continuing and pledged that similar inspection and security campaigns will be carried out across the country, according to Arab Times. The announcement suggests that authorities view the Kabd operation as part of a broader, ongoing effort rather than a one-off enforcement action. The ministry did not name specific locations for future raids or identify other suspected illegal operations.
Officials also did not provide a timeline for future operations or specify whether additional charges related to public health or agricultural law would be filed against the operators of the shuttered facilities. No independent statement from the Public Authority for Agricultural Affairs and Fish Resources was located at the time of the reports, leaving some details about the specific agricultural violations unconfirmed beyond the Ministry of Interior's account.
The arrested individuals remain in custody as legal procedures continue. Authorities did not indicate how long the process is expected to take or whether deportation proceedings may follow. The ten detainees have not been publicly identified, and the specific charges they face remain unspecified in the ministry's statements. The lack of clarity about the next legal steps means the outcome for the detainees remains uncertain pending further official disclosure.
The ministry's pledge to continue similar campaigns means additional enforcement actions are expected, though the scope, timing, and locations of future operations were not disclosed.
Never Miss a Signal
Get the latest breaking news and daily briefings from Zero Signal News directly to your inbox.
