Back to Home
Trending

Manuel Akanji Nears Reported €15 Million Permanent Inter Move From Manchester City

ZS

Zero Signal Staff

Published May 4, 2026 at 11:41 PM ET · 15 days ago

Manuel Akanji Nears Reported €15 Million Permanent Inter Move From Manchester City

Sports Mole

Manuel Akanji, the Swiss Manchester City defender on loan at Inter Milan, is expected to become a permanent Inter signing in summer 2026 under a reported €15 million deal, according to transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano reporting relayed by Sports M

Manuel Akanji, the Swiss Manchester City defender on loan at Inter Milan, is expected to become a permanent Inter signing in summer 2026 under a reported €15 million deal, according to transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano reporting relayed by Sports Mole, Yahoo Sports and OneFootball. The available reports say Inter plan to complete the purchase unless new factors emerge before the transfer window.

The Details

Sports Mole reported, citing Fabrizio Romano, that Inter plan to buy Akanji from Manchester City for €15 million in summer 2026 unless new factors appear. Romano was cited across the follow-up coverage as the original reporter on the transfer plan, and the €15 million figure in the available record comes from that reporting rather than from an official club statement.

Akanji joined Inter on a season-long loan that included a €15 million buy clause, according to Romano's earlier X reporting. Romano reported that the clause would become mandatory if Akanji played at least 50% of Inter's games and Inter won Serie A, a detail that should be treated as reported transfer information because the retrieved material did not include club documentation confirming the clause language.

Yahoo Sports and OneFootball framed the latest development as Manchester City being set for a permanent €15 million Akanji exit after Inter's Serie A title win triggered the clause conditions. The available brief does not independently verify the exact title-clinching date, so the title-trigger detail remains attributed to the secondary reports and Romano-linked coverage.

Romano wrote on X that Inter planned internally to buy Akanji from Manchester City in summer 2026 regardless of the buy obligation clause. In the quoted post cited by follow-up reports, Romano said the €15 million deal was already planned internally unless new factors appeared over the next eight months and that Inter were very happy with the former Manchester City defender.

Sports Mole also reported that Akanji left Manchester City on deadline day after competition for minutes increased in Pep Guardiola's defence. That context, as reported by Sports Mole, frames the loan as part of a move away from Manchester City before the reported permanent Inter plan took shape.

Romano's earlier X reporting also said the loan terms included a €2 million loan fee and a salary coverage arrangement before any permanent option. Those reported terms sit alongside the later €15 million purchase figure cited by Sports Mole, Yahoo Sports, OneFootball and Romano's own transfer update.

Context

The core sourced record is narrow: all available accounts point back to Romano's transfer reporting and the secondary coverage that repeated or framed the same €15 million path. Sports Mole, Yahoo Sports and OneFootball each treated the development as a permanent Manchester City exit for Akanji, while the brief notes that no official statement from Manchester City or Inter was found in the retrieved sources.

Akanji is identified in the brief as a 30-year-old Swiss Manchester City defender on loan at Inter Milan, with the role context of an expected permanent Inter signing in summer 2026. The brief also identifies Fabrizio Romano as the transfer journalist whose reporting supplied the original claim cited across follow-up coverage.

The reported obligation structure matters within the sourced record because it has two tracks: Romano previously reported a mandatory trigger tied to appearances and Inter winning Serie A, and later reported that Inter planned to buy Akanji regardless of the obligation clause unless new factors appeared. Both points should remain attributed because the available sources are transfer reports rather than official club announcements.

The brief's stated gaps are also part of the context. It says no official statement from Manchester City or Inter was found in the retrieved sources, and it says the exact date Inter mathematically secured the Serie A title was not independently verified in fetched material.

What's Next

The reported next step is the summer 2026 permanent purchase, with Romano's cited X post saying Inter planned internally to buy Akanji from Manchester City for €15 million unless new factors appeared over the next eight months. The available sources do not include an official club timetable beyond that reported summer 2026 transfer window.

Any further confirmation would need to come from Manchester City, Inter or documentation of the transfer terms, because the current sourced record is built on Romano's reporting and secondary coverage by Sports Mole, Yahoo Sports and OneFootball. Until then, the €15 million price, the clause-trigger description and the title-trigger framing should remain attributed in coverage.

For Manchester City, the available reports frame the outcome as a permanent Akanji exit. For Inter, the same reports frame the move as a planned permanent signing of a defender the brief says is already on loan at the club.

Never Miss a Signal

Get the latest breaking news and daily briefings from Zero Signal News directly to your inbox.