Meghan Markle Under Fire After Calling Past Seven Years the 'Hardest' of Her Life
Zero Signal Staff
Published May 11, 2026 at 3:48 PM ET · 9 days ago

Radar Online / Page Six / The Times of India
Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is facing backlash after resharing astrology-themed Instagram posts that described the past seven years as the hardest period of her life — a timeframe that coincides with her relationship with Prince Harry, the
Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is facing backlash after resharing astrology-themed Instagram posts that described the past seven years as the hardest period of her life — a timeframe that coincides with her relationship with Prince Harry, the couple's departure from senior royal duties, and their relocation to the United States. Critics and royal commentators pushed back sharply, arguing the hardship narrative does not square with the couple's reported wealth, media deals, and lifestyle in a $29 million Montecito mansion.
The Details
On April 25, 2026, Markle reshared several posts to her Instagram Stories from astrology-focused accounts that framed the date as a turning point for certain zodiac signs. One post from the account @spiritdaughter stated: 'The tension between who you actually are and what the world around you was willing to see has been exhausting in a way that is hard to explain to people who have not lived it.' Another reshared post, from the account 'Astrology Is For Everyone,' said that Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius were 'ending the hardest seven years of their lives on April 25.' Markle, born August 4, is a Leo. A third reshared message read: 'April 25th, the pressure lifts. You get the space to just exist without fighting for it,' per Page Six.
The seven-year window referenced in the posts — roughly 2019 to 2026 — aligns with Markle's relationship with Prince Harry, their January 2020 departure from senior royal duties (widely known as 'Megxit'), and their subsequent move to California, according to Radar Online.
Markle rejoined Instagram at the start of 2026 after previously stepping away from the platform as her royal duties intensified, per The Times of India.
While the reshared content originated from astrology accounts rather than Markle's own original writing, her decision to amplify the posts drew immediate attention. Page Six noted that although the posts were generic horoscope content, Markle's choice to share them during a period of ongoing public scrutiny signaled intentionality.
The backlash followed swiftly. Critics and royal commentators argued that Markle has achieved 'everything she ever wanted' since leaving Britain — including global fame, financial independence, media deals worth hundreds of millions, and a luxury lifestyle, per Radar Online. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex live in a mansion in Montecito, California, currently valued at approximately $29 million, with their two children, Prince Archie, 6, and Princess Lilibet, 4, after signing major content deals with Netflix and Spotify, Radar Online reported.
An unnamed source cited by Radar Online said: 'There are many people who look at Meghan's life since leaving Britain and simply cannot reconcile the narrative of hardship with the reality.' The source added: 'She has gained global fame, enormous financial independence, media deals worth millions, and the exact freedom she and Harry said they ever wanted. That's why some critics believe these messages come across as deeply tone-deaf.'
A royal insider quoted by Radar Online offered a similar assessment: 'From the perspective of many former staff and royal insiders, Meghan has effectively built the lifestyle she envisioned – celebrity influence, creative control, luxury living, and independence from palace restrictions.'
Context
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped back from their roles as senior members of the British royal family in January 2020. The couple relocated to California that year and have since pursued independent media ventures, including the Netflix documentary 'Harry & Meghan' and Harry's memoir 'Spare.' Markle launched her lifestyle brand 'As Ever' in early 2025 and has continued various entrepreneurial projects. The Sussexes have also been vocal critics of British tabloid media coverage and have ongoing legal proceedings related to privacy and defamation claims.
What's Next
Markle's return to Instagram in early 2026 has already drawn sustained public and media scrutiny, and the backlash over the reshared astrology posts adds to that attention. The couple's ongoing legal proceedings related to privacy and defamation claims remain active. Neither Markle nor Prince Harry has publicly responded to the criticism over the April 25 posts.
Never Miss a Signal
Get the latest breaking news and daily briefings from Zero Signal News directly to your inbox.
