Back to Home
Breaking News

Russian drone strike on Kherson minibus injures seven, officials say

ZS

Zero Signal Staff

Published May 13, 2026 at 8:01 PM ET · 7 days ago

Russian drone strike on Kherson minibus injures seven, officials say

Ukrinform

Seven people, including a driver who sustained a concussion, were injured when Russian troops struck a civilian minibus with a drone in central Kherson at approximately 11:00 a.m.

Seven people, including a driver who sustained a concussion, were injured when Russian troops struck a civilian minibus with a drone in central Kherson at approximately 11:00 a.m. on May 13, 2026, according to the Kherson Regional Military Administration and city military administration officials. The number of reported casualties was revised upward twice during the day as Ukrainian authorities continued to evaluate those affected by the attack.

The Details

The attack on the minibus took place in central Kherson during the late morning of May 13, the Kherson Regional Military Administration reported. Over the course of the day, the regional and city military administrations issued three separate updates, each revising the number of injuries higher as additional information became available from the scene and from area medical facilities.

The first official statement, issued by the Kherson Regional Military Administration, reported two people injured in the strike. "Currently, two casualties are reported. A 57-year-old woman and a 65-year-old man were taken to the hospital in moderate condition," the regional administration said. Both patients were described as suffering from concussion and blast-related injuries sustained in the attack.

A follow-up statement from the same regional authority revised the toll upward to five injured. The newly reported casualties included a 50-year-old woman and two men, aged 53 and 24. One of those men, the 24-year-old, sustained shrapnel wounds to a leg, according to the updated account from the regional military administration. The conditions of the 50-year-old woman and the 53-year-old man were not detailed in the statement.

Later, Kherson City Military Administration head Yaroslav Shanko issued a third update, bringing the total number of people affected to seven. According to Shanko, six passengers on the minibus were injured and the driver suffered a concussion. "Preliminary reports indicate six injured passengers. The driver suffered a concussion," Shanko said, describing the figures as preliminary.

The official statements were published through the Telegram channels of the Kherson Regional Military Administration — posts 56550 and 56552 — and of Shanko's office — post 3921. Ukrinform, the Ukrainian national news agency, reported on the statements, providing the details of the casualties and the progression of the injury count throughout the day.

Neither the regional nor the city military administration provided information on the type of drone used in the attack, the extent of damage to the minibus, or whether any of those hospitalized had been discharged.

Context

The strike on the Kherson minibus followed a drone attack just one day earlier in which Russian drones injured two people in Kherson's Dniprovskyi district, Ukrinform reported. All details in this article are drawn from official statements by the Kherson Regional Military Administration and by Yaroslav Shanko, as reported by Ukrinform. Direct extraction of the official Telegram post bodies cited by Ukrinform was not available during this reporting cycle, and independent third-party corroboration from non-Ukrainian sources was not obtained because of search provider limitations.

What's Next

Further medical updates on those hospitalized and possible revisions to the casualty count are expected as treatment progresses and additional assessments are completed. The Kherson Regional Military Administration and Shanko's office may issue additional statements through their respective Telegram channels. Ukrinform's reporting on the strike, which cited the regional administration's Telegram posts and Shanko's statement, is available for continued updates. Given that the casualty count was revised upward twice on May 13, further revisions remain possible as the regional and city military administrations gather additional information from the scene and from medical facilities treating those injured.

Never Miss a Signal

Get the latest breaking news and daily briefings from Zero Signal News directly to your inbox.